Copy List Item Action
We can create a user facing action by adjusting Advanced Settings on the action. The copy action is useful to allow the user to start a new record from a copy of an existing record.
- Create a new Copy item/document action named "Copy Product".
- Select Manual execution under Advanced Settings to make the action available in the Context Menu and the Ribbon
- The button will be added both to the Ribbon Menu and to the dropdown Context Menu.
- Choose an appropriate icon or upload your own custom icon which corresponds to the image shown in the user interface.
- Enable the Confirm Execution option to prompt the user before committing the action.
- Under Action Settings, Use ID = [ID] setting to apply the rule to the curret record.
The copy action is a good user facing function that adds helpful functionality. You may futher customize the resulting actions when a user triggers this event. Adding this custom action simplifies the process for the user.