Build a dynamic Today field
SharePoint doesn't provide a way to compare dates against the current day's date.
Infowise allows you to easily create this field and make it update dynamically using a smart action.
- In your list settings create a standard SharePoint "Date and Time" field.
- Use the standard default settings for the field.
- Create a new smart action to update the field value.
- Use the timer event setting to have the action run once each day.
- Hide the field from users since this is triggered automatically.
- Set the custom "Today" field to the current day by using the SharePoint "[Today]" function.
- Use the standard "ID equals [ID]" action.
Normally you might have to use a custom workflow created in SharePoint designer or some other work around to dynamically check the current date. Infowise allows you to create a dynamically updated field that is critical for date comparisons which can be used as KPIs or to trigger other smart actions.