Smart Action Pro
, a component of
, allows you to implement advanced solutions previously only feasible using workflows. You can now define and execute multiple actions of 14 different types, ranging from updating list items or external databases to creating sites and managing permissions. Actions are then executed automatically, manually or based on a timer.
Automating business processes has never been easier, instead of writing code-based workflows or custom event receivers using Visual Studio, you accomplish what you need in minutes using just the browser.
Using Smart Action Pro has allowed us to directly create solutions that generally require custom coding.
The ability to allow site owners to create their own business process/workflows enables us to deliver solutions in a much more timely fashion.
-- Bill Dewey, Seattle Goodwill
|Common Business Task||Details||Done in|
|Project initiation workflow, includes creating project site, generating tasks, registering in external DB and assigning manager review||Read more||10 minutes|
|Generate a predefined set of initial tasks whenever a project is created||Read more||12 minutes|
|Create and update users in Active Directory||Read more||7 minutes|
|Generate and send PDF file of sales totals automatically on a weekly basis||Read more||7 minutes|
|Convert support tickets into KB articles with one click||Read more||4 minutes|
|Prevent double-booking of resources||Read more||2 minutes|
Automatically run actions on any event (items added, modified, moved, checked in/out or deleted), manually through ribbon buttons or according to a timer.
A wide selection of different types of actions is available:
- Create list item - create new list items in any list of any site
- Update list item[s] - update multiple list items in any list of any site
- Delete list item[s] - delete multiple list item in any list of any site
- Copy item/document - copy current item or document to a different location
- Send e-mail incorporating list item values - send out emails using your own templates
- Create list from any template - create list of document library in any site
- Create site from any template - create a new subsite
- Run workflow on one or more items in any list or document library
- Run stored procedure in database of any type (MS-SQL, Oracle, OLE DB or ODBC) - pass parameters based on the current item's columns
- Run web service operation - pass parameters based on the current item's columns
- Manage permissions of sites, lists, folders and items - break or restore permission inheritance, add or remove users, manage group memberships
Manage Active Directory - create and manage users and groups in Azure Active Directory
Print list items - integrates with Smart Print Pro to produce list and item printouts and email or save them in SharePoint
Calculate summary - calculate summary of values in any column of any list of any site. Use this value to update the current item or throw an error when the value does not pass the condition.
What makes Smart Action Pro more powerful, yet easier to use than traditional workflows?
100% browser-based SharePoint-integrated interface, no tools required
No programming knowledge or experience required, completely rule-based
Assign multiple different actions and run them according to conditions
Create timer-based actions running according to date column value or on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Allow users to run action by clicking on a ribbon button or a context menu option
Use run-time parameters to make changes to dynamically created or selected site or lists
Optionally, run actions synchronously, prior to saving items and even prevent items from being saved.
Optionally allow user to perform actions with elevated permission level (such as managing permissions)
Perform actions according to different events: item added, updated, moved, checked in/out, deleted, attachments added/removed, etc.
See action history with a click of the mouse, get email notification when actions fail
Define parameters for each action using your current item's values and advanced functions. You also can specify conditions when to run each action (e.g. when Status changes to Completed).