Automatically run actions on any event (items added, modified, moved, checked in/out or deleted), manually through ribbon buttons or according to a timer.
A wide selection of different types of actions is available:
- Create list item - create new list items in any list of any site
- Update list item[s] - update multiple list items in any list of any site
- Delete list item[s] - delete multiple list item in any list of any site
- Copy item/document - copy current item or document to a different location
- Send e-mail incorporating list item values - send out emails using your own templates
- Create list from any template - create list of document library in any site
- Create site from any template - create a new subsite
- Run workflow on one or more items in any list or document library
- Run stored procedure in database of any type (MS-SQL, Oracle, OLE DB or ODBC) - pass parameters based on the current item's columns
- Run web service operation - pass parameters based on the current item's columns
- Manage permissions of sites, lists, folders and items - break or restore permission inheritance, add or remove users, manage group memberships
Manage Active Directory - create and manage users and groups in Active Directory (SAM, AD DS and AD LDS)
Print list items - integrates with Smart Print Pro to produce list and item printouts and email or save them in SharePoint
Calculate summary - calculate summary of values in any column of any list of any site. Use this value to update the current item or throw an error when the value does not pass the condition.
Run PowerShell - executes custom PowerShell script
- Generate Associated Tasks - generate individual tasks for users in SharePoint or domain group using Associated Items column
What makes Smart Action Pro more powerful, yet easier to use than traditional workflows?
100% browser-based SharePoint-integrated interface, no tools required
No programming knowledge or experience required, completely rule-based
Assign multiple different actions and run them according to conditions
Create timer-based actions running according to date column value or on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
Optionally, let users decide what actions to run each time
- Allow users to run action by clicking on a column, a context menu option or a ribbon button
Use run-time parameters to make changes to dynamically created or selected site or lists
Optionally, run actions synchronously, prior to saving items and even prevent items from being saved.
Optionally allow user to perform actions with elevated permission level (such as managing permissions)
Perform actions accoridng to different triggers: item added, updated, moved, checked in/out, deleted, attachments added/removed, etc.
See action history with a click of the mouse, get email notification when actions fail
Define parameters for each action using your current item's values and advanced functions. You also can specify conditions when to run each action (e.g. when Status changes to Completed).
When creating/updating an item, your users can see the actions and optionally decide which actions are to be performed.