The field behaves differently depending on the content type it is connected to in the related items’ list:
- Any content type with a lookup column to the current parent list – you will be able to add new related items to the parent item using New Form, default view or datasheet view. When using the New Form, you do not have to select the correct value for the parent item, it will be done automatically. The parent item must be in Edit mode, unless you set to allow adding new items in Display form.
- Associated Item content type – use this content type as a basis for your own content types for the general item-based content. You will be able to add new items using the New Form from the Edit, New and, optionally, Display forms of the parent item. The parent item does not even have to exist yet, when the related items are created.
- Associated Document content type – use this content type as a basis for your own document-based content types. You will be able to upload documents and edit their metadata directly from the field. You can even specify the folder where the new document is to be stored, using text and/or parent item column values. The folder path can contain any text and/or column values of the parent item. To specify a column value, enter column name surrounded by square brackets.
- Associated Task content type – use this content type for task management. You will be able to create new tasks directly from the parent item. The task generation mode allows you to create multiple similar tasks automatically based on user and/or group defined in the item. Usage of this content type is described in full detail in the demo below.
- NOTE: in the app version, Associated Task content types behaves similarly to the Associated Item content type.
Last modified: 4/17/2020 8:31 PM
Add your comment
Comments are not designed to replace support calls. If you have a specific issue with one of our products, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to open a support ticket.