Use indicator to track spending
The Infowise indicator field can be used to show a progress bar which dynamically updates to track spending. A progress bar is a useful tool to indicate progress towards an expected value.
- Create two standard SharePoint currency fields Spent and Budget set as required.
- Create an Infowise indicator field Spent %.
- Spent will be used as the numerator for the calculation.
- Budget will be used as the denominator for the calculation.
- 0 is the starting point for the progess bar.
- The calculated percentage is automatically shown as a progress bar in the user interface.
- Test out the functionality. Notice that the progress bar updates each time the record is changed:
An indicator bar is often used to show progress towards an eventual goal. Consider using this to track sending or to show the progress towards completion of a project.