Infowise web parts in Microsoft Teams tabs
A few months ago I wrote a blog article describing how you can integrate Ultimate Forms web parts in your Microsoft Teams. The approach I demonstrated in the article used the ability to use SharePoint add-in to display a web part page from SharePoint within Teams. By placing our web parts on the page, we are able to use them within Teams.
This is a good approach that provides a high level of flexibilty. In some cases, it's even the only possible approach, for instance when you want to place more than one web part on the same page (dashboards anyone?). But with that, it's also more laborious and time consuming.
A few days ago we performed an infrastructure update of our web parts. By using the latest SharePoint Framework infrastructure, we are now able to leverage the latest features of web parts, such as direct integration on Teams tabs. So instead of creating a special SharePoint web part page and placing the web parts on them, you can create a Teams tab directly from the web part, much easier!
The following web parts are supported in Teams:
- Charts - display data in a form of a chart
- Rollups - combine data from several lists within one view + show list of items coming from an external data source
- List Search - search information in lists
- Calendar - display color-coded calendars from multiple sources
- Form - display a form to submit data to external forms (submission to SharePoint list is also possible, for example using Add item button on Rollup)
You need to create at least one profile (set of settings) for the web part you are planning to use through Ultimate Forms app.
Let me take you through the steps of creating a web part tab in Teams. Make you already uploaded version 22.214.171.124 or later of Extensions.
- Sync add-in with Teams - once you upload Infowise Ultimate Forms Extensions.sppkg file into your enterprise catalog, you click on Sync to Teams button on the File ribbon
- Once the sync is complete, the web parts can be found in Teams and added to tabs
- Go to the team you want to add web part in and click on plus button to create a new tab
- Use Search or browser to choose the web part you want
- Proceed through the prompt to add the tab. Once the tab is created, you can configure the web part to connect to the data.
- Most web parts will request a site URL and then load the available profiles from the site. You can connect to any site within your tenant you have permissions for, not necessarily the site linked to your team.
- You can reconfigure your tab at a later time by opening settings through the dropdown menu located within the tab header.
Add your comment
100% No-Code Solution
It's never been easier, to create, innovate and share, all you need is your web browser!
Address business process pain points immediately. Save time and money.
Fantastic Support Team
Facing difficulties installing the application? Contact our fantastic support team.