As you might already know, our Associated Tasks Field helps you create relationships between items located in different lists. So you can assign tasks to events, add documents to projects and basically create any type of relationships to turn SharePoint lists into a real life application infrastructure.
Now, we offer you an additional treat - you can now use the bindled Associated Items Summary columns to count or summarize your related items. For instance, imagine that you use the product to create and manage customer invoices. You do it using two lists:
- Invoices - where the actual invoices are managed, with such columns as Customer, Bill To and Ship To
- Invoice Lines - here you enter the items for each invoice, by entering item title, unit price, quantity and line total (use Calculated field for that)
Using Associated Tasks field you can show the lines withing the context of each invoice and you can even create new lines for new or existing invoices straight from the invoice's Edit form.
But what if you wanted to calculate the grand total or simply show the number of item lines in the Invoices list view. This is where the Associated Items Summary column helps.
- Create a new summary column in the Invoices list
- Point it to the Associated Tasks column you created to show the invoice lines
- Select the Line Total column to perform calculations on that column
- Select Sum operation
- You can even optionally add filters, so that only specific related items are included in the summary
That's it. Now each time an invoice item is added, modified or deleted, the parent invoice has its summary value re-calculated.
By the way, check out the new Smart Print Pro to print our your invoices or convert them to PDF.
Add your comment
100% No-Code Solution
It's never been easier, to create, innovate and share, all you need is your web browser!
Address business process pain points immediately. Save time and money.
Fantastic Support Team
Facing difficulties installing the application? Contact our fantastic support team.