Rating scale columns in forms
If you've used Survey lists in SharePoint, you are probably familiar with the nifty little column type called Rating Scale. A matrix of subquestions and numerical ratings, it allows you to quickly and easily provide feedback on various aspects of a question. For instance, you can rate the product you purchased based on Design, Reliability, Easy of use, etc. As you can see, it's very useful and can certainly serve you well not just for the purpose of surveys (which are way too specialized as list types go to be truly useful), but in a variety of applications. Unfortunately, the column type is only available in surveys.
Today we are adding support for this column type in our Modern forms. We are also adding the ability to create and modify such columns directly from Form Designer in any type of list, so you can leverage this incredible functionality in all types of solutions you build.
Let me guide you through the process of utilizing the column type.
- Go to your list and click Design in the toolbar to open Ultimate Forms.
- Click on Form Designer under Modern forms section.
- In the left pane, under Columns, click on New column.
- Choose Rating scale under Type
- Enter your designer questions, choose range and labels for left and right sides of the scale
- You can also specify if you want to include N/A (not applicable) option and/or make your column required.
- Save your column and drag it to the form.
- Publish your form, go to the list (you can click on the list title in the top left corner of Form Designer) and click on New to add a new item.
- Save your item. You can now click on it to display it as well. Note that the columns are now read-only.
Super easy! I hope you will find this column useful!
NOTE: the column can be used in our Modern forms only. The column cannot be used in list views, it will appear blank there. We are currently working on adding support for the column type in the rest of our Ultimate Forms components, such as Print and Alerts.
Add your comment
100% No-Code Solution
It's never been easier, to create, innovate and share, all you need is your web browser!
Address business process pain points immediately. Save time and money.
Fantastic Support Team
Facing difficulties installing the application? Contact our fantastic support team.