Delete List Item Action
The delete action should be used sparingly as this could cause unexpected results for the user. This action may be useful in situations where there is cleanup work that should happen when related records are updated or deleted. For example you may want related associated items in an associated items document library or list to be deleted when the parent list record is deleted.
- Create a Parent ID field in an associated items list.
- Create an update action using $Lookup([ID]) to set the parent ID to the Parent ID field in the child list.
- Execute this action on add for the associated items list.
- Set the Delete Action to delete the childlist items when the parent list item is deleted.
- Test the functionality to make sure that it works as expected.
In Office 365
actions are hidden from the users by default. In this case, simply leave "Manual execution" unselected. Also the "Column Name" selection is not present in Office 365. The interface looks slightly different as shown:
Delete functionality should be used with caution. Making a mistake in the logic could trigger unintended deleted. That being said, this is an appropriate function to use for cleanup to remove records that are no longer relevant.
8/30/2017 7:20 PM