Smart Import Pro allows you to easily create integrated solutions, bringing external data into SharePoint in an automated background process. Email accounts, database items and web services can be periodically polled and checked for new or updated items. This new information can then be used to create new items in lists or document libraries or update existing items with new information.
Easily implement support ticketing system, email-based approval, data collections and so much more!
Most of our existing customers already know this, but for the benefit of the new ones, here are some short instructions on how to upgrade to new versions of our products.
We constantly release new versions, including both bug fixes and new features. You can keep track of these new versions in one of the following ways:
- Go to the product page on our website and then open the Versions tab. You will see the version number and the release notes for each version. Note that only the latest version is directly available for download.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed, you will be notified of each new version, including release notes.
- Recommended: use Infowise Capability Dashboard. The dashboard is installed in your Central Administration whenever you install any one of our products.
The only way to determine your currently installed version is by using Capability Dashboard. Once you've established that your current version is outdated, you might want to schedule an upgrade. Although we recommend to always use the latest version, you are by no means required to upgrade as soon as we release a new version. If your system is stable, there is actually no pressing need to upgrade and you can remain with your current version for as long as everything works correctly or there are no new features released that you want to use.
When you've decided it's time to upgrade, please note the following:
- Only farm administrators can upgrade
- You must have read/write permissions to the configuration and content databases for your own account (or the account you are going to be upgrading with)
- There is a short downtime associated with the upgrade, as IIS application pools have to be recycled. We recommend scheduling upgrades for after business hours.
- Some components, such as Smart Action Pro / Smart Import Pro / Smart Alert Pro / Newsletter, require the SharePoint Timer service to be restarted on all servers both before and after running the installation wizard.
To perform the upgrade, you need to download the new installation wizard. You can do it in one of two ways:
- Recommended: directly from Infowise Capability Dashboard. No registration or confirmation is required. The server running Central Administration must have access to the Internet, otherwise you won't be able to see the latest available versions and won't be able to download.
- Download trial from our website. You need to register for a trial and then download the installer from a link in the confirmation email. Make sure to provide your correct email address during registration. Note that there is only one installer, both for trials and registered customers.
ATTENTION Ultimate Forms customers: each component of Ultimate Forms is generally upgraded separately and will have its own version cycle. You can still download a unified installer using approach #2 (registering for a trial), the unified installer will then upgrade only the components requiring an upgrade.
Once you've obtained the installation wizard (.exe file), place it on one of your front-end servers, then run it (or right-click and Run as Administrator if User Access Control is enabled on the servers). The wizard will guide you through the installation process. Generally there is no need to modify any settings, but you might exclude/include web applications or site collections according to your requirements, when prompted). Once the installation is complete, you will see the new version number displayed in Capability Dashboard.
We are changing the way we price our Office 365 apps. We are completely phasing out the one-time payment option, starting today you can only purchase a monthly subscription. Because apps are basically a service, it makes sense to charge for it as for a service.
You can purchase a subscription for a single site, a site collection or for the whole tenant. There is no limit on the number of users. Your annual support is already included as part of the subscription.
For our small business customers, we will have special pricing for a limited number of users (up to 100) and without support. The pricing will be available for Ultimate Forms app only, not for individual components.