Expense Reimbursement is a SharePoint site template that allows you to fill out, submit and approve expense reimbursement claims of employees. The site template uses a combination of built-in SharePoint capabilities, extended through the use of a set of Infowise components.
The template allows you:
- Create new expense reimbursement claim.
- Add line items, subtract cash advances and calculate total.
- Route for approval.
Using the Site
The site uses regular SharePoint lists to store and manage data. No external data storage or custom interface is implemented. This allows you to easily modify the way the site functions, using just your browser.
Lists and Libraries
Use Procedures document library to make rules and procedures guidelines available to the employees.
Expense list is used to add, manage and store expense reimbursement reports. It contains the following columns:
- Report ID – automatically generated unique ID, you can modify the template for the ID, refer to Smart ID Pro user guide for more details.
- Employee Name – filled out automatically for the current user, but can be overridden
- Employee Email – filled out automatically
- Manager – filled out automatically based on the information stored in Active Directory
- Department – filled out automatically based on the information stored in Active Directory
- Start Date – first day of the reported period
- End Date – last day of the reported period
- Expense Code – internal expense code if available
- Business Purpose – brief description of the expense
- Expense Items – references the line items. You add line items directly from this column.
- Cash Advance – amount given to employee up front, deducted from the expense report total
- Employee Signature – electronic signature of the submitter
- Manager Decision – approval/rejection by manager
- Manager Signature – electronic signature of manager
Expense Items list contains the line items for the expense reports. The list contains the following columns:
- Date – when the expense occurred
- Category – type of expense
- Description – short description of expense
- Cost – amount of money spent
- Additional Details – additional information regarding the expense.
The list forms of the Expense list contain security trimmed groups. Submitter can only fill out report details and items, while manager can enter the decision.
Once the report is submitted, an email alert is sent to the manager requesting approval. The manager follows the link in that email to open and review the report and to issue approval.
5/14/2014 4:14 PM