Working with Office Group sites
You are probably already aware of the new Office Group sites you can set up in Office 365. They allow close integration between groups and their SharePoint data.
One major difference between regular SharePoint site collections and the ones created from groups is that the latter will by default have a Deny permisson for Add and Customize pages. Which means that users cannot modify the site page and as the result, Ultimate Forms cannot modify forms either. Once you install Ultimate Forms on your group site, it won't be able to use any of the form-related features, such as tabs, validation rules, etc.
Luckily, it can be easily fixed using PowerShell, and here is how you would go about doing that:
- If you haven't done so, install SharePoint Online Management Shell
- Run the following commands, replace <tenant> (for example, if your site is https://example.sharepoint.com, your tenant name is "example", so the full tenant URL would be https://example-admin.sharepoint.com) with your tenant name and <url> with the site URL:
- $cred = Get-Credential
- [System.Net.WebRequest]::DefaultWebProxy.Credentials = $cred
- Connect-SPOService -Url "https://<tenant>-admin.sharepoint.com" -Credential $cred
- Set-SPOSite -Identity <url> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages $false
That's it, your site is now ready to experience the full set of Ultimate Forms capabilities!
Add your comment
100% No-Code Solution
It's never been easier, to create, innovate and share, all you need is your web browser!
Address business process pain points immediately. Save time and money.
Fantastic Support Team
Facing difficulties installing the application? Contact our fantastic support team.