Understanding Your Organization’s Digital Maturity
So far, in our on-going series of blogs about digital transformation, we sought to understand DT as a concept, its premise, need and scope of implementation in private and public sector as well as the ways, means, and technologies involved in an enterprise’s DT initiatives. We identified that digital transformation, being a not-so-specific umbrella term is often perceived as similar to automation or digitalization. Which calls for a need to explore a few aspects of the process, such as digital maturity, as standalone concepts that can be gauged during in an enterprise’s overall digital transformation journey.
In this blog, we will understand the role of digital maturity in driving the DT initiatives in an organization.
But first, let’s understand…
…what is Digital Maturity
According to standard definition, digital maturity draws on a psychological definition of “maturity” that is based upon a learned ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner. Digital maturity is about adapting the organization to compete effectively in an increasingly digital environment. In simple words, digital maturity is about integrating technology into the very core of your organization’s strategy.
Since the digital transformation is no more a matter of choice but a requisite, organizations have taken to undergoing the great leap towards digital. However, in this bandwagon, what really differentiates leaders from laggards is the level of digital maturity they have acquired. As in, are they inclined towards automating their previously manual tasks or are taking it deeper by embedding it into the very roots of their strategic planning and implementation?
Digital maturity is an organization’s ability to leverage technology to their strategic advantage, in lieu of a mere business process and workflow automation.
This leads us to our next question…
How to gauge your organization’s digital maturity?
A global study conducted by Deloitte and MIT Sloan Management Review that involved around 3500 managers and 15 C-suite executives revealed five key characteristics of digitally mature organizations – the enterprises that are doing it better at digital transformation than the rest. These characteristics make for a good parameter to gauge the level of your enterprise’s digital maturity and can be used as a foundation or template for your organization to achieve a higher level of digital maturity.
Following are the attributes of digitally mature organizations:
- They are continually planning and improving the way they organize and develop workforces, cultivate innovation, and fostering a thriving culture and experience.
- They are playing the long game. They are focused on leveraging technology as well as their core business capabilities to their optimum advantage through strategic planning that spans over larger horizons.
- In their penchant for innovation, they are constantly conducting small-scale experimentation and scaling the successful ones into organization-wide initiatives.
- Their organizational growth and developmental efforts are in sync with creating thriving cultures and environment as well as opportunities for each individual to enhance their digital acumen and skills.
- They seek to build a culture of leadership – and are focused on creating leaders possessing a mastery over tech-led transformation, and driven by a vision to leverage their resources to the enterprise’s optimum advantage.
Time to prep up your workplace to achieve digital maturity
Digital transformation allows businesses to leverage cloud virtualization, automation, optimization, mobility and the IoT to harness their strategic vision and goals. It helps you stay abreast of the changing tides of trends, and optimize strategies to respond effectively to the changing business needs. However, in order to leverage digital transformation to your ultimate advantage, you need to achieve digital maturity.
At Infowise, we help your organization become digitally mature!
We offer a wide range of smart, futuristic, and highly customizable technology ranging from ULTIMATEforms to scalable SharePoint applications. With a team of seasoned technology specialists and a legacy of transforming hundreds of laggards into leaders, we facilitate your transformation initiatives and help elevate your business to its utmost potential.
Add your comment
100% No-Code Solution
It's never been easier, to create, innovate and share, all you need is your web browser!
Address business process pain points immediately. Save time and money.
Fantastic Support Team
Facing difficulties installing the application? Contact our fantastic support team.