UltimateForms: External data lookup
- Natively supports all kinds of database connections - MS SQL, Oracle, OLE DB and ODBC
- Supports SOAP-based and REST-based web services
- Supports data connections configured in UltimateForms
- Show multiple fields from the external system
- Save external item fields in one column or split across multiple columns
- Filter external items according to column values of current item
- Save external item data within the SharePoint item as appears at the time of retrieval
- Easier to set up than external lists or BDC
- Localized into English, French, Spanish and German
External data lookup column fetches your data directly from an external data source, such as database or web service. You specify the connection and the fields you want to extract and the field will do the rest.
You can select from a dropdown of possible items or enter manually. The imported item can contain as many additional fields as you like and you can even give simpler display names to those fields.
When the item changes in the LOB system, your SharePoint data is not affected, as long as you do not initiate a data fetch. This way you can be sure your SharePoint items stored the snapshot relevant to the point in time when your SharePoint item was created.
- Link you proposal or reports to the actual operational data.
- Create a snapshot of data in your LOB system for regulatory purposes
- Maintain just one copy of your data
- 11/25/2015 : LOB Item Link column now available for Office 365
- 10/27/2014 : Just Added - REST Support
- 4/25/2013 : Integrating SharePoint with external database application