NOTE: this feature is not available in the app version.
You can optionally define one or more custom actions that your users will be able to perform on all related items. Note, that only the items appearing in the view defined in the field are affected.
There are 3 action types:
- Update – you can set any column of the child items to any value. An example could be setting all related tasks’ statuses to Completed
- Delete – delete all related items
- Publish – when using Associated Document content type in a document library, which supports minor and major versioning, you can use this action to publish all related document.
To create an action:
- Enter a user-friendly title for the action. This is the text that will appear on the item forms.
- Select Action Type
- Select the required permission level. Only users holding that permission will be shown the action. You can select Contributor (can edit list items), List Administrator (can change list settings) or Site Administrator (can change all site settings).
- If using Update action, select column to update and enter new value.
- Click on Add.
The actions appear on New, Edit and, optionally, Display forms of the parent item just under the related items.