Integration with Connected Field
Using Associated Tasks Field to preview any list items by a connected field:
Creating a custom SharePoint list
- Create a custom SharePoint list with a title (e.g. Employees).
- Create another custom SharePoint list (e.g. Sells).
- Add to the following list a lookup field or Infowise Connected Field while the source data is from the first list and any other fields.
- Fill the two lists with data.
Creating another custom SharePoint list
Defining the Associated Items column
- The Associated Items Field will preview the list items according to the lookup field or the Infowise Connected Field data.
- Enter to the first list (Employees).
- Go to Add Column page and enter the new column name (e.g. Sells).
- Choose Infowise Associated Items as the column type.
- Associated tasks list- all lists with a lookup field/Infowise Connected Field to the following list will appear.
- Task content type – if more than one content type exists in the list, select the appropriate one, otherwise no changes are required or possible
- Source view – specifies the view of the list to display in the field. Using this setting you can define which fields will appear and in what order.
- Link to parent reference – field from the second list (Sells) that connect between the two lists, this is your lookup field pointing to the parent item.
View the Associated Items Field
- Enter to the list including the Infowise Associated Items column (Employees).
- View or edit one of the items.
- The Infowise Associated Items column previews all items from the second list with the same employee name.
- Clicking the sell title will open the current sell properties.