The product is a web part that provides advanced filtering capabilities to various web parts capable of consuming filtering through web part connections. These include the majority of data-oriented web parts, such as the built-in List View web parts, Data View web parts and many others.
These are the main capabilities added to SharePoint by this product:
- Multiple filters can be hosted in one web part.
- Many different filter types provided, such as:
- Text – free text entry.
- Number – number/currency, including range validation.
- Date – date picker.
- Choice – single and multiple selection from a list of values.
- Lookup – single and multiple selection of item values from a list located in the current site or any other site in the site collection. Cascading relationships between multiple lookup filter can be easily established.
- User/Group – user/group picker.
- Form – parameters passed by URL or POST form values.
- Current Item – when the web part is placed on publishing page or list form, filters according to properties of the current list item.
- Interactive and hidden filters can be created.
- Default value can be specified for any filter.
- Horizontal and vertical layouts supported, with automatic row/column breaks.