Connecting to Exchange Online from Ultimate Forms for Office 365
Several of Ultimate Forms components can interact with your Exchange Online:
- Alerts will send your alerts through Exchange Online mailboxes
- Import will import emails from Exchange Online mailboxes
- Print will send your print-outs to recipients through Exchange Online mailboxes
- Actions will automate printing and send the print-out through Exchange Online mailboxes
- Calendars will display your Exchange Online calendars in an app part, as well as allowing you to add new events directly from the app part
To be able to establish a secure connection to Exchange Online and send or receive items from Exchange Online, we have to receive a valid access token. Print is the simplest component, as it always runs interactively. When an access token is needed, you will be prompted for your consent (just once) and that's it. Pop-ups must be allowed so you will see the consent window.
For other components, it's a bit more complicated. As they mostly run in the background, there is no way to ask the user for the consent at runtime. We need to request an administrative consent beforehand instead. Because this consent applies to all the users of the tenant, a Global Administrator's consent is required. Depending on the component, it's given in different ways:
- Alerts: an administrator has to visit the Administration page (accessible from the gear icon in the top right corner of the Alerts page). There, click on the Grant button (at the button of Adminstration section). That's it, the app can now send alerts on your behalf. You can always retract your consent through your Azure administration settings.
- Import: when you first create an import profilee that uses Exchange Online, you will be prompted for consent. It is given just once, all subsequent profiles can be added without it.
- Actions: when you try to save a Print (or Active Directory) action, you will asked for consent, even if one has already been given in the past
- Calendars: when you add an Exchange data source, you will be asked for consent if it's the first ever Exchange data source.
That's it, not too complicated. Just make sure you have the necessary permissions, otherwise you will receive a Sign In error in the consent page and the error message will ask you to log in as an administrator.
Add your comment
100% No-Code Solution
It's never been easier, to create, innovate and share, all you need is your web browser!
Address business process pain points immediately. Save time and money.
Fantastic Support Team
Facing difficulties installing the application? Contact our fantastic support team.