Stacked Charts are useful for showing data that is combined together to give a total. In the below example, the total sales for each month is stacked to that a grand total can be seen for each month.
- Edit the list used for the Column Chart to include an additional field 2013 Sales.
- Enter in some more test data as shown:
- Create a new chart web part and apply the settings as shown:
- Next try adjusting the Chart Type to Stacked Column 100%.
- This version of the chart compares the values demonstrating which set of data has a larger distribution:
Stacked Charts can be used to show the total of data that are in a logical group. These charts are more sophisticated than Column or Bar Charts. Consider using this type of chart when the amout for two or more fields is often totaled together.
9/9/2017 11:01 PM