Creating a Rollup (O365)
The Rollup feature provides the ability display items from multiple lists or document libraries in one place. You can choose to roll up items from a single site, a site and its subsites, or an entire site collection.
In Office 365, rollups are created within the Infowise tool and then added to web part pages. The web part requires installation of the Ultimate Forms Extensions app.
Part 1: Creating the Rollup
- From your site contents, select the Infowise app
- Under Configure App Parts, select Rollup
- On the General tab, enter a name for your new rollup
- Select the template type that your rollup will be based on. If you are selecting a template in another site (e.g. a subsite or elsewhere in a site collection), you’ll need to select the site; otherwise, leave the
-Current Site- default in place.
- You can also filter by specific view, if desired
- You can add filters and group the rollup by site, list, or use no grouping. If you use grouping, you can select the option to have the groups collapsed by default.
- You can also limit how many items are shown per page in the rollup, which is useful for large lists.
- On the Data Sources tab, define the scope of the rollup. Scope can be current site, current site and subsites below it, or the entire site collection (dependent on permissions).
- Select to locate records by base type (as defined by template in step 4), list template, or specific lists (for single site only)
- If you are rolling up a single site, you can manually select which lists and libraries to include. This is not available for rolling up subsites or collections.
- Select the base type to match the template type
- Click Add to save the data source, then Add again to save the rollup
Part 2: Adding the rollup part to a web part page
- In edit mode on the page where you want to add the part, position your cursor in the appropriate spot, then select Insert web part on the Insert tab in the ribbon
- In the Categories column, select Infowise. Select Infowise Rollup as the part type and click Add.
- In the web part on the page, click the small down-arrow in the upper right corner and select Edit Web Part from the drop-down menu
- In the web part edit dialog, click Configure
- Select the rollup profile you want to use in the web part, then click the small X in the upper right corner to return to the regular edit part dialog. Make other changes as needed and click Okay to save.
- Information will now be visible in the web part
- You may add multiple rollups to pages
For additional information about defining data sources and the on-premise version of Rollups, please check the documentation online.
The Rollup feature provides the ability display items from multiple lists or document libraries in one place. In Office 365, rollups are created within the Infowise tool and then added to web part pages.
11/19/2018 7:16 PM