Form Designer for Modern UI Preview released
We are happy to announce the general availability of the preview version of our Form Designer. Form Designer is the new generation of SharePoint forms, with one of the main feature of which is support for the new Modern lists and libraries.
NOTE: Ultimate Forms Extensions version 220.127.116.11 and up is required. Get it here.
Our webinar, April 12th at 11:00 AM EST, provided a 30 minute walkthrough, watch the recording here
Some of the features of Form Designer are:
- Visual, drag & drop design surface.
- Support for Modern pages.
- Fully responsive design, fitting any screen size automatically (no more need for mobile pages!).
- Ability to create separate forms for different content types within the list.
- Ability to create a separate design for each form (New, Edit and Display).
- Support for built-in and Infowise column types.
- Ability to nest different columns and controls in a free structure.
- The following controls are supported:
- Tabs - create multiple tabs within your form.
- Accordion - create stacked expandable sections.
- Container - hold other controls and columns. Containers can be configured to display their content in one or more layout columns, automatically adjusting the number of columns based on the screen size. Each tab in Tabs and Accordion contains a Container control.
- Header - configure different styles of headers to separate form content into logic units.
- Fragments - include free text and images, can also reference column values.
- Images - include images within the form.
- Button Bar - include an automatically rendered set of buttons (such as Save/Cancel on New/Edit form and Edit/Close on Display form).
- Apply permissions to any column and/or control at any level of hierarchy, override at any lower level.
- Permissions can set if column/control is visible or read-only. Permissions are assigned based on the form type, current user identity and conditions.
- Add attachments through drag & drop interface.
- Assign default values and dynamic rules to column to set values automatically. Use calculations and functions in dynamic rules.
- Assign dynamic styles to any column/control to control how it looks like.
- Assign validation rules to columns, subject to conditions.
- Assign light or dark theme to the form.
- Redirect the form upon saving to the list, to New form, to Edit form, to Display form or to a custom URL.
- Rename columns within the form itself, without having to rename them in the list settings
- Show descriptions under columns or in pop-ups.
- Use Preview feature to see how the form will look like on different devices.
- Save form settings without publishing to save your work without making it accessible to users.
- Publish the form when it's done.
Forms created in Form Designer supercede classic forms. Any current classic settings you have (such as Tabs and tab permissions) will not be applied. You can reset the forms in Form Designer to go back to the original forms.
Currently there are certain limitations to the forms:
- Managed Metadata columns are not supported
- Special column types (such as Recurrence in Event lists) are not supported.
- Calculated values cannot be used in native SharePoint default values (but you can use calculations in our Rules).
- Special list types, such as Surveys, are not supported.
- Connected lookup only allows new values to be added in-line, not in a pop-up.
- Associated Items column allows new items to be added only in-line, not in a pop-up.
- 3rd party column types are not supported.
We are eagerly awaiting any remarks or comments you might have!
Add your comment
100% No-Code Solution
It's never been easier, to create, innovate and share, all you need is your web browser!
Address business process pain points immediately. Save time and money.
Fantastic Support Team
Facing difficulties installing the application? Contact our fantastic support team.