Changes in Smart Alert Pro app for Office 365
We just released a new version of the Smart Alert Pro app for Office 365, that includes new features and changes to existing features.
- The user interface has been updated and now performs all operations without page reloads.
- SMTP server settings have been deprecated and no longer available. The alerts are now sent directly through your Exchange Online, under the permissions of the creator of each specific alert. When creating or updating an alert for the first time, each user will be asked for his/her consent to send email messages from his/her account. Additionally, you can now configure a different From address on each alert you create, provided that you were granted Send As privileges on these mail boxes. The consent page is opened in a pop-up window, please make sure it's allowed to open by your pop-up blocker.
- When sending through Exchange Online, custom headers cannot be specified. As the result, we can no longer offer Outlook integration directly from emails (such as Connect to Outlook for tasks, event and so on). You can still integrate directly from within the lists themselves.
The logic of sending alerts is now as follows:
- If the alert was created or updated in the new version, we will send through Exchange Online using the alert creator's credentials. The From account will be as specified in the alert settings, the message will include any attachments it requires.
- If the alert was created in the old version and not updated in the new version yet:
- If SMTP server address was previously specified in Smart Alert Pro Administration, the email will be sent through that SMTP server. The From account will be according to the preset SMTP user name as stored in settings, any required attachments will be included.
- If SMTP server was not specified, the email will be sent through the internal SharePoint mechanism. Only internal recipients will be able to receive the email (users of your domain), no attachments will be included.
Note that you do not need to perform any upgrade yourself. Smart Alert Pro is a provider-hosted app and it is updated from our side. Following the UI update, the URL of app pages have been changed, but the old URLs have been remapped and continue working with the new UI. We released a new version of the app that contains updated URLs, but you are not required to upgrade, your existing app installation will continue working with the new version without any problems.
Add your comment
100% No-Code Solution
It's never been easier, to create, innovate and share, all you need is your web browser!
Address business process pain points immediately. Save time and money.
Fantastic Support Team
Facing difficulties installing the application? Contact our fantastic support team.