We've prepared a new site template for you to use: Help Desk site. Just download and run the installer to automatically install and configure the template and get the following functionality:
- Create service requests - anyone can create a new service request, including the end users. Unassigned requests can then be forwarded to specific handlers byt the service representatives.
- Monitor the resolution process - create tasks from within the service request and log every resolution step you take.
- Complete the request - set request status to Closed to remove the request from the list of active requests.
- Create KB articles - the site also contains a KB system based on a wiki library. Articles can be created directly or generated from past service requests with a click of the mouse!
- Manage keywords - assign requests and KB articles to keywords. Keyword can be created on the fly. You can search by them and even assign experts to them.
And as with all our site templates, you can modifiy it any way you see fit! It is basically a SharePoint site after all.
The template's installation wizard will install trial versions of our products used in creating the template, you can try them out for 30 days without any obligation.
Get the template now from here. The template works great on both WSS 3.0 and SharePoint Foundation 4.0.
Does the template allows the creation of a ticket through incoming e-mail? It is good that anyone can create a ticket using the web interface,but it would be even better if tickets could also be created by incoming e-mails.
For more advanced functionality use the Service Request system from Crow Canyon, it uses additional components that will allow converting incoming emails into service requests: http://www.infowisesolutions.com/template.aspx?id=CCSServiceRequest